Win your man over with a colorful plate or just cook it loud!
There’s another truth just like the many others like good communication and good grooming decide whether your man will stay close or a hundred yards away. What you did not believe, which is ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’ is really true?
Don’t miss out on taking your life to a higher level. New is good. Pay attention to your cooking and try to make it better even if your mother-in-law praises you in that area. When it comes to food, a woman knows what she is good at, what she’s not so great at and what she can’t cook at all.
Years back, I ate some egg stew that tasted like heaven. I can still taste it in my mouth today and I was nine at the time, just NINE! So rest assured, if you cook well, people will never forget you. And your man? Well, my dear, he’ll be looking forward to coming home.
If you’re willing to go the extra mile with your cooking power to save your relationship then …. try out these steps
1. Make time, Learn to cook–Your schedule might make it hard but all you need to do is try. A woman who cooks has better control over her health and that of her family. Begin with the recipes you’re familiar with for starters and pick up from there. It helps to learn from different women too. It will amaze you how smart some women can be in the kitchen.
2. Try new recipes, create your own ideas and explore– If you’re good at banku, jollof, kontomire and the likes, it won’t hurt to try out some baking. It will even make you feel better about yourself. Try out a recipe of your own.
You might have weird looking things on your plate in the beginning but when it finally turns out right, you’ll experience the joy of being the only person in the world to know that secret and sharing that secret will be up to you.
3. Present your food properly –What people see attracts them. The sweet aroma of your food must match with its appearance. Set your table well and display your delicious food in style. If you’re going for a picnic or taking food out for someone, make a list of all the things you’ll need from cutlery to napkins and paper plates. Leave nothing behind. You don’t want to serve spaghetti without a fork and you definitely don’t want to be looking for tissue when your stew spills, remember to keep your packaging as neat and simple as possible.
4. The surprise element– if you know rice with egg stew makes him lick his fingers like it makes me, give the menu a twist. Surely, you can break some rules to add a little spice to your life. He’ll be forever grateful and he will have it in mind always that his woman is a great cook.
5. Practise, practise, practise–If you do it over and over again, you will develop the confidence and flair for cooking. And the confidence and flair of a good cook will create quite a good impression and score you some pretty high marks. Practising will also help you develop speed which will come in handy when your family’s starving or when you need to get it over and done with and not be late for that meeting.
You go girl!!
By Philipa Asantewaa