10 invaluable tips you will need on your tour
There’s no better experience than travelling far from home and work to relax in a cozy and different place. With all the excitement of travelling, it is normal to overlook some key essentials that can mar your trip.
Why don’t you pull out your list and start ticking to be sure you avoid blunders that can rob you of the fun on your tour …
1. First aid kit with the following; pain killers, decongestant, bandages, hydrocortizone cream and a few others that are useful to you. You will not believe how handy it can be to you in the absence of your doctor.
2. Pack a reusable water bottle to help you go somewhere with clean drinking water? If it’s got clips to help you attach it to your bag all the better.
3. Clothes that require ironing is not a good idea. You do not know how easy it’s going to be for you to press clothes on your journey. So save yourself the stress and buy clothes that do not require ironing.
4. Pack a present if you are going to lodge with a friend. It is best to bring it along, or take them out during the trip. Worst case scenario, if you forget to bring it, send them something afterwards. Do it not only because you will likely be invited back, but because it is generally a good feeling.
5. Tip your hotel housekeeping staff. This guarantees you free tips on what to do and what not to do in your new environment. It saves you from lots of troubles.
6. Take notes/photos. Want memories of your journey away from home? It is an absolute necessity! You’ll return home smiling half the day as you go through your journal and photos.
7. Learn a few phrases in the language of the place are visiting. If you don’t speak the local language of the place you are visiting, at least learn phrases like: Please. Thank you. I’m sorry. It is urgent, Please help me, Can you direct me to the police?
8. Pack snacks. Wherever you are, wherever you are going, take snacks along.
9. Make photocopies of your passport and leave one with friends. Keep one in your bag and scan your passport and email a copy to yourself if you do not have a drop box account.
10. Sleeping while traveling is simply NOT acceptable. Reason why you shouldn’t do this, is that, it is so easy to get lost in your new world and it can cost you so much more that you budgeted for the trip. So avoid it absolutely.
Written by Bibinigh